Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Going to hang you out to dry!

Hi my followers (the all great number of 3)

I love the number three, so I feel really satisfied. But, to back up to the main focus of this entry. I tried something that I have done before while living over seas, which was hanging my clothes and yes... my undies out to dry!! :) This has always worked well over seas, with the clothes pins supply that can go forever, their cool around-about systems of clothing lines, and mostly warm weather in the times I have gone abroad.

So this weekend, I decided I will keep using my laundry detergent because I have hypo-allergetic skin. I use a brand that has nothing in it (not even scent), and I am still a bit scared to use natural products, but why? I know, I just need to get over it, and use some backing soda or lavender or something! But until that day comes... I decided to hang the clothes out on a line to dry.

This took effort... A lot of effort. First, I do not live in my own house, to save money, I live for free with my old roommates parents :) Genius I know. So I laid my clothes out on their ping pong table in the back yard, and took some string (that was stable of course) and hung up my clothes with chip bag pins, because I could not find any regular clothes pins ha!

Little did I know or pay attention too.... THE WEATHER in this February month! FORECAST: RAIN AND POSSIBLE THUNDER STORMS. Great, what was I thinking? I was thinking... DON'T USE THE DRYER. So while my clothes dried (or so I thought), I went out to visit a friend. When I came back, my clothes were more soaked than before. Hey I got a little bit of natural rain on them, can't hurt. Although... you never know these days, rain may have acid in it AHHH. I could totally go back to the 80's and wear some cool acid spilled pants ;) Just kidding.

Anyways, I moved all my clothes inside, and hung them all up on hangers and turned my space heater all the way on high and "crossed my fingers" in hopes that my clothes would dry.

And of course a few hours later, YES they did dry! With all this said, I will be looking for a Sunny weekend to do my hanging of laundry.

Happy Rainy Days everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment