Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Proposal...

This is the real Proposal I wrote to start this little CLEAN project. Hope it helps all who will follow this journey with me:

I Kristy Norman, would like to propose an experiment which involves, The Urban Homestead, book by Kelly Coyne and Erik Knutzen as a guide to help me along the way in my “Urban Homestead Project” in my Sustainable Societies class. I would like to experiment and get involved with using cleaning products that are safe and healthy for our environment. I would like to use Coyne and Knutzen’s “three principles of clean” in their book in order to help place a guideline for me to follow. This project will help me use products that are nontoxic, cheap, and good for multipurpose usage. I will carefully pick products suggested by Coyne and Knutzen to do most, if not all, my cleaning for the next four months. For entertainment and motivation for myself and well, some others, I will be starting a blog that I will be held responsible for writing in at least twice a week, for new thoughts, ideas, and products used for cleaning my home. This will be a fun way for others to get involved in my new adventure of cleaning and help me share with others the importance I am learning from using nontoxic, cheap, and multipurpose cleaning products that are not only good for us, but good for our world! I am interested in this “green cleaning” madness because I am concerned for our environment, but also for my personal testimony. One, we are not in the best economy right now, and would like to educate myself on products that I can use in lots of way, also these products can help save money. Also I am hypersensitive to most laundry detergents, cleaners, lotions, hair shampoos, and soaps, I already have to be very careful on what I am using around my own skin. I think by practicing a life style that involves most natural substances will not just help the world around me, but also help improve my health. I am excited to see where the world of baking soda, white vinegar, tea tree oil, castile soap and much more will take me! These are just a few examples and reasons as to why I would like to take this project on for the next four months; Out with the words DANGER and POISON and in with the words LAVENDER and VINEGAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment